In honor of Earth Day, we wanted to help give some insight on why recycling your electronics is so important and how to do it! You may not know, but computers, keyboards, monitors, phones, and headphones can all be recycled and they should be in order to keep our planet clean.
Why is throwing out electronics bad?
Electronics are filled with hazardous chemicals such as lead, mercury, and cadmium, so when we simply throw them out, they're ending up in landfills and potentially leaking into our water supply, and ecosystem damaging our water and food.
Someone could steal your information.
When you throw out an old computer, tablet, or phone someone could potentially find that later and steal your information off of the device. Make sure you wipe it clean first by using a certified e-cycler to clear all data and then send it to recycling.
Your electronic may be able to be saved.
You can easily find a company to hand off your old but functioning electronic to who will refurbish and sell as a used item for others. Some places will even restore them and donate to schools, families, or soldiers overseas.
We want your old electronics!
Send us your earbuds, headphones, or speakers (any brand) and we'll properly dispose them for you. We work with a recycling center in our area to ensure your old or broken products are taken care of properly.
Here's how it works:
- They pick up our shipment of recycled earbuds, headphones, and speakers.
- They take to their facility and erase sensitive data from the electronics.
- Products are recycled and demanufactured.
Once you send them to us we’ll send you a 30% off code to shop our site. Learn more here.
Where should I bring them if I don’t have time to mail them in?
There's a couple of options you have for getting rid of old electronics.
- You could donate them. Computers with Causes is a good option.
- Best Buy also has a recycling program, and you can receive a gift card from them.
- And of course our own Recycling Program! Send us your old or broken earbuds, headphones, or speakers and we'll send you a 30% off discount once you do.